move your cursor over any of the house icons to display more information and click for details

video

Monday, August 9, 2010

New Shop on Market Ave.


After spending some time this Saturday afternoon with some friends on the patio at Great Lakes, I noticed something new that caught my eye. I saw an A-frame sign that I hadn't noticed in the past, it read "Market at the Fig". I walked in and saw a selection of wine, cheeses, crackers and even some fresh baked pastries. Owner/Chef Karen Small at The Flying Fig restaurant describes her new venture as an urban pantry for the neighborhood and says she will soon also stock a limited amount of cookware in addition to all the other goodies. Next time you need to grab a few items before guests arrive or you just happen to be on your way to the big market, stop by and check it out. Hours are 10 a.m.-10 p.m. Tuesday through Sunday. 216-241-4243 for questions.